keskiviikko 2. huhtikuuta 2014

*insert creative headline*

Again, I write later than I was supposed to, but that's all because I've been ill, again. But I'm still alive and kicking, so, here we go.
Last week was quite a normal week, nothing that out of the ordinary happened.
Tuesday it was time for tai chi, which is always nice, even if I've had a long day at school. It always calms and mellows you down real nicely. Then on Wednesday, I was supposed to go and try something called stand up paddling with my class, as a part of an Adventure Tourism course. But I couldn't go cause when I woke up that morning, I had a terrible headache so I had no choice but to stay in bed. Not exactly the best way to wake up, I can assure you. But luckily, just after a few hours of sleep and some medicine, I was feeling fine again. In the end, my day, or well night to be exact, turned out to be a really nice one, since I ended up going out with a friend. It was a lot of fun.
Then on Thursday, I went to a kickboxing class with my friend, for the first time in three or 4 weeks. It was so good to be back! I had already forgotten how much I like the sport. My friend and I were even thinking about just going to the gym on our own and working on the kicks and punches, because after all, we only have one hour of kickboxing in a week,which is not enough.
After kickboxing I went out with my friend. Though this night was a bit of a disappointment, since the club we went was supposed to have some over the top amazing DJ, yet, I don't think the music has ever been that bad and rather, undanceable, as it was during that night. Definitely not something I would expect from a place like Velvet.
On Saturday, I finally got to see Strandhill Beach right here in Sligo. I took the bus there with my friend, it was only about 20-minute drive there, yet, the place was like from a whole different world. First of all, the place was gorgeous, beautiful sea and a lovely little village with colorful buildings and trees that looked awfully lot like palm trees, which made you feel more like you were in a seaside town in California, not Ireland. For once, the weather was on our side. The sun wasn't shining, but at least it wasn't raining either. So first, we went to a lovely little cafe near the beach, to eat some crepes. Yummy! After that, it was time to go see the beach and of course take loads of pictures. We took pictures of the beach and some of ourselves by the beach. And here's a couple of photos from that day:



















After we got back from Strandhill, my friend and I had to do some more planning for our upcoming 2,5-week trip. We managed to get something done, decided most of the sights we're going to see and all that. Once we were done with the planning, we went out. This time, it was a normal night at Velvet, which was nice. After the crappy Thursday night, all of the normal songs sounded so good! It was a fun night and it one of the first times we've gone out in a while.
But the morning after, it wasn't fun anymore. When I woke up, I felt horrible and I discovered that I had almost 39 degrees of fever. Not the most pleasant wake up call. I don't think I've ever even had that high a fever, or if I did, it was a really long time ago. At first I thought it was just a regular flu, but with a higher fever. But on Monday, I realized that wasn't the case. My throat had began to hurt a little already on Sunday, but by Monday, it was so sore. On Tuesday I was feeling okay enough that I could go see the school doctor, which I did. Luckily enough, I got an appointment for the same day. And I have to say, the school health care seems quite good. I got to see the school nurse almost immediately when I got to the reception and she did a preliminary examination on me and even gave me something for my sore throat. And once I had my appointment with the actual school doctor, I think it took him maybe 2 minutes to check my neck and then check my throat and after that he was already writing me a prescription for both antibiotics and some pain relief for my throat. I had tonsillitis, something I've had a couple of times before back in Finland. But what surprised me this time was that the doctor didn't do any other tests, such as took a swab sample from my throat (something that sucks incredibly much when your throat hurts like hell) and that he actually prescribed something for the pain. In Finland, I've always gotten just the antibiotics, that's it. And of course it was quite a surprise that in total the medicines I got cost only 5€, which is a lot less than in Finland. Yet, the best thing was that medicines really work, after just one day, I feel a lot better, which is awesome. I was already considering of cancelling our weekend trip to Galway with my friend, but I'm glad we didn't.
So tomorrow, I'm off to Galway with my friend and we'll stay there till Sunday. I'll write a post about our trip as soon as I can.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti