tiistai 21. tammikuuta 2014

"I'm going on an adventure!"

Yay, finally pulled myself together and started this blog. So off we go.

January 16th, 5 am, Helsinki-Vantaa airport. This is where it all began. Me, extremely tired, flying off to Ireland for 6 months. A dream come true really. Though this day was far from dreamy, it being one of the longest days of my life.
I was feeling a bit nervous on that day for I have never flown anywhere and now I would do it for the first time, and alone. But in the end everything went fine. I found my way around both the Helsinki-Vantaa and Oslo airport and everything. Everything was going really smoothly, a lot better than I had hoped, until my flight from Oslo to Dublin anyways. That flight was over an hour late. Sure, at the time I really didn't care cause I was going in and out of consciousness, but when I finally arrived to Dublin, the first thing went wrong. I found out that I had missed my bus to Sligo with just 20 minutes. This meant that I had to wait for the next bus for almost 3 hours. So I waited.. By then, I had already been up for about 30 hours and I was so beyond exhausted that I just sat at the bus stop in Dublin, not really moving anywhere. And then, when my bus finally arrived, oh boy the relief!
On the bus, I was supposed to sleep a little,but I couldn't. I was mesmerized by the gorgeous landscapes of Ireland. Now I knew why this country had the nickname `The Emerald Island.´ It was so lovely and green everywhere!
When I finally arrived to Sligo, it was such a relief and a pleasant surprise that my Irish landlord had come to pick me up from the bus station and to take me to my new flat. By the time we reached my flat, all I could think was "I'm here, at last. I made it." The first (and only so far) bit of a negative thing about Ireland was that the flat was kinda freezing. For my liking anyways. So the first night I slept with a cardigan, several socks, gloves and a scarf on, under a huge blanket. So much for Finns being hardcore when it comes colder temperatures, I guess.. Regardless of that though, I was incredibly happy to have finally made it to Sligo. And now, my adventure could really begin. This have only been a prelude for all things to come..

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti